Public Storage Auctions—Treasures Untold
Public storage auctions can provide an opportunity to purchase a large amount of items at a very reasonable cost. Seasoned auction hunters then sell the items for profit. Since storage auction viewing is allowed only from the door, purchasers do assume the risk of finding treasures—or trash—buried within the heaps. But this mystery adds to the appeal of mini storage auctions!
How Does Sentinel Run Storage Unit Auctions?
At Sentinel Self-Storage, our storage unit auctions are open to the general public. Upcoming dates at our various locations are listed below; however, the best source for confirming Sentinel Self Storage auctions is the Legal Notices section of your local paper. Dates, times and details are published 14 days and 7 days prior to a sale.
We have two methods of conducting public auctions: onsite and online.
Onsite public auctions
Our typical onsite auctions have a certified auctioneer conducting the auction sale, at the storage site, on a specific date and time. The auctioneer will dictate the bidder fees if applicable. Our locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Winnipeg, Baie d’Urfe and Halifax have onsite sales.
Online public auctions
Sentinel now posts our seized storage units for sale on www.ibid4storage.com a self-storage specific website.
Rather than having to attend an in-person sale on a particular date and time, bidders can now register online at ibid4storage and be notified when storage units are presented for sale. There is no charge to the bidder to register. It is easy and convenient to view multiple photos from the comfort of your own home. The same terms and conditions apply for successful bidders.
Locations participating in online sales are: Coquitlam, Richmond, Vancouver, Red Deer, Ajax and Stouffville.
General Terms & Conditions
- Goods are sold as is, where is
- Successful bidder must pay in full at the end of the sale—no exceptions
- Debit and credit cards are accepted at most of our public storage auctions
- Purchaser has 24-48 hours for removal of items
- Refundable deposit is taken at the time of purchase (typically $100 cash) and returned upon removal of items
- Purchaser may rent unit if more time for removal is required
- Bring a padlock to secure your space if items are to remain on site (Sentinel Self Storage also sells locks)