A Moving Checklist To Guarantee An Efficient, Hassle-Free Move
Over 30 years in the storage business in Canada has taught us a lot at Sentinel Storage. And what we have learned, we’re happy to pass along to our customers!
We hope our informative moving checklist will help make your self moving experience as efficient and hassle-free as possible.
Two to Four Weeks Before Moving:
- Purchase packing supplies (we sell a great selection at Sentinel).
- Start packing household items as soon as possible.
- Send change of address forms to anyone who regularly sends you mail.
- Ensure all insurance and insurance transfers are in place.
- Order new personalized cheques and mailing labels.
- Obtain copies of school and medical records.
- Rent moving vans or arrange for movers. If you require storage, inquire about our courtesy move-in truck.
- If renting a high-rise apartment, make arrangements with your landlord for elevator rental.
One To Two Weeks Before Moving:
- Notify utilities, cable and telephone companies for both disconnection and hook-up.
- Discontinue newspaper.
- Return borrowed items including library books and make sure to pick up things you have lent out.
- Make arrangements for the safe disposal of items you won’t be moving, including old medications, paints or other hazardous materials.
Two To Seven Days Before Moving Day:
- Make arrangements for child and pet care for moving day.
- Finish packing.
- Empty and defrost fridge and freezer.
The Day Before Moving Day:
- Everything should be packed and ready to load except bedding.
- Pick up food and beverages for moving day.
- Have babysitter care for children.
- Strip beds and cover mattresses with mattress bags.
- Off you go!
The Finest Storage Canada Has To Offer – Sentinel Storage
If your move includes placing household items in storage for a period of time, consider the experts at Sentinel Storage. With locations in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, your storage items will be kept safe and secure. Contact us for more information and good luck with your move!